Monday, January 21, 2008

Well, I have yet again fallen way behind in updating. JP and Trajan just keep me so busy! We had a great holiday season with the boys. For Thanksgiving, we visited Aunt Bekki in Las Vegas, and for Christmas we were with Mammaw and Pappaw in Indianapolis. JP really enjoyed the lights this year, so evey day and night we were out looking at Christmas lights (until Target finally took down the Chritmas displays). He still wants his lights, but now they are all "Night-night" until net year. So very sad.

JP has become quite the talker, but most of his words and phrases do not help me at all. Of course we have Mama, Papa, Baby, eat, byebye, night, apple, banana, bar (for fruit bars), wawa, waffle, etc. However, our not so useful words are so much more fun!

he says...
Oh Man, Alright!, bugball (our soccer team), Henry, green, Emily, Harvey, Yellow, Good stuff, great, yeah, no (which is actually pronounced mo), Oh wow, feet up, feet down, out, off, on, in, hun, hi, and whoa. The list isn't exhaustive, but you get the picture. Every day seems to be a new word or two.

The other day he was asking for something. It was gobblygook Wawa. He kept saying it over and over, exactly the same way. I know it was something water, but I had no idea what. So I told him to go ask Aunt Bekki, and he went and repeated it to her. Needless to say, she didn't understand him either, so he just kept saying it louder. We finally figured it out as meaning water bottle. Then today, almost a week later, he asks for the same thing. Smart cookie I am, I remembered that gobblygook wawa is water bottle! One very happy toddler.

We are in the middle of tantrum throwing around here. He will just lay on the ground and cry. Occasionally he looks around to make sure someone is watching, then the crying continues. IT is hard not to laugh.

He is still amazing with Trajan, who is just in love with JP. Trajan makes JP look unhappy. I always thought JP was the happiest kid I had ever known, but Trajan is even more happy. Everywhere he goes he gets comments about his smiles. HE is such a great kid. We are really blessed to have such happy, healthy, and secure children. JP has added to his Thomas engines since Christmas, so I will post an updated list here shortly.

Hard to believe he is almost 2 and Tra is 4 1/2 months. Amazing. Where does the time go?

Well, naptime is over, so I must go for now. Hopefully I will update more frequently now that things are a bit more predictable.

Elizabeth and the boys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home